Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Friends-a precious gift!!


We all love making friends. Some of these just get lost in time, but then some remain and become a part of our lives. I am very fortunate to be blessed with a few good friends in my life. Friends who have stood by me in times of tests and who have supported me all the way. No doubt, I am always on a lookout for an opportunity to hangout with them, and I got one recently. Yes, that's right! I am talking about the friendship day!! It was a perfect reunion with my buddies that brought back memories which were so special and irreplaceable.

As decided, we met in Margao, and as usual, i reached a bit too late. "You know the traffic and the bad roads. Its so difficult to drive"! I tried to justify myself. But in vain. I had given this same excuse too many times now and my friends were expecting it this time. What followed was a series of 'special compliments" which I always used to receive whenever I would keep them waiting. Some new and some the same old and familiar ones. But they did improvise on their "special compliments" over the years.

After a short session of gossip and pulling each others legs, we decided to head for north. The drive was amazing. I must say, Goa surely looks more picturesque and beautiful when you are with your friends. Now we were in Goa's capital city to celebrate friendship day....but without any plan! While we were figuring what to do, all eyes were focused on me being the geek of the group. I thought hard and luckily i remembered INOX. Thats it....we had a plan. We would watch the movie zindagi na milegi dobara. The movie was awesome and it lived up to the hype. More than anything I just loved the music.

The movie was over and we decided to go for a quick bite. The decision was unanimous. All fingers pointed towards the Caculo Mall. KFC!!!!! My mouth watered even before reaching there and my friends were no different. We ordered for a bucket and pounced on it like a hungry lion attacking its prey. As we munched through the tasty chicken, my mind wandered down that memory lane, where we would enjoy a similar meal during our college days. Only difference being there was a simple rice plate and the complimentary sweet lime juice. Time has passed but my friends remain the same and their company still remains priceless. It's been a giant leap from college to company, from fun to work and pocket money to salary, but this bond of friendship still remains unchanged!

The finger licking KFC chicken was followed by a session of gossiping about things ranging from tedious work, nagging bosses and off-course, blind dates! The celebration ended with a game of pool. The friendship day was over, but not until we promised to celebrate it in a similar manner in the coming years.

They say "life is only as good as the people you have in it"! Our friends are an important part of our lives. Their influence plays a major role in molding and shaping our lives. Friendship day is over, but the scent of friendship still lingers around and will continue to do so till i live. This post is dedicated to all my friends who were my strength, my support and my guiding light. Today I thank God for making you all a part of my life. May he strengthen our friendship every coming day and help it overcome the test of time!! love you all...May God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment